This winter we have received quite a bit of snow and with the snow comes icy conditions. Slips and falls on ice account for a large amount of winter injuries.
The Ice and Snow Management Association offers pointers on safety on the snow and ice. They suggest the following:
• Always wear proper footwear that has heavy tread on the bottom.
• See and be seen. Wear sunglasses to see properly and bright or reflective clothing to be seen.
• Walk consciously on icy surfaces. Walk, don’t run!
• Anticipate ice. Surfaces may look wet but may actually be black ice.
• Enter buildings slowly as surfaces may be wet due to melting snow and ice.
• Look up! Watch for snow and ice that may slide off roofs.
Have fun in the snow and enjoy winter activities in our beautiful community and
Read More »